Students do not need to bring their Chromebooks to school every day. They will use the chrome books in their teachers' classrooms. Do not send them to school with your child, they are for at-home learning on virtual days. Teachers will teach students how to maneuver through Canvas. We work hard to make this transition as less stressful as possible, but here are some tips for at-home learning during virtual days:
- Dedicate a space for your child to do their work.
- The chrome book needs to be on a level surface. Chromebooks should not be used on your child’s lap.
- If your child's teacher uses Zoom remember everyone can see where your child is working and the background when their camera is on.
- Students and parents can contact teachers through the teacher's courses in Canvas (click on inbox) or through the teacher's school email account (email@example.com)
- Your child may also use this email to reach out to their school counselor and other school staff.
- Help your child stick to a schedule.
- Have your child follow the schedule for completing assignments or meeting with teachers.
- Your child may use the other days to complete assigned work and check in when needed.